Summer

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Our last Christmas in Texas.......

Kelly and I always treasure those magical Christmas mornings with the kids, but this one was particularly one to remember because it was our last Christmas here in Texas in our first little home.  I was pondering this the night before on Christmas Eve and thinking that the kids have known no other home.  I can say that is true for even Chase who had 2 other apartment homes before this, but he being younger than 3 then won't remember them like he has this home.

Tears cam to my eyes as I looked at our beautful prelit pinecone and hollyberry tree and how symbolic it is that it decided it was going to quit lighting in the middle no matter what we did to fix it!  Before we set it up Kelly and I were looking at that huge storage box wondering if we should take it because it is soooooooo big! And ironically sure enough,  it's like it knew what we were thinking and that it was our last Christmas here!  It was a tree meant for Texas Christmases only.  So with a little symbolic sadness  after New Year's Day we packed up our  Texas tree, and it is ready to go to a young couple in our ward who are willing to take it off our hands so we don't have to pack it.  They will be staying in Texas so I think our tree will be happy with it's new home.  It's brought many years of beauty and joy to this family!


I was so excited to get a new winter coat for Christmas!  It will be needed once we move to Utah!  Kelly received a new camera for Christmas so needless to say he got a little camera-happy!  This is only a third of the pictures!

 True Joy!

 Ryan's big favorites were his legos and even more than that his Playmobile Camper!  Even 2 weeks later he hasn't stopped playing with either one!
 Sam loved her Calico Critter Beagle Dog Family but even more she was surprised at how she just loved her first 'squinkies!" They quickly became her favorite!






 Chase trying out his new Super Mario Bros. Wii game.
Bryce looks like the snowman head at the bottom of the totem!  ;)
 So cute of the boys rumaging through their stockings
 Merry is the Mom with an entertained one year old!  Thank you Thomas the Train, plastic horses and Elmo Pop ups!!

No comments: