
After all the ice/snow days out of school we got last week we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day for Samantha's Baptism. It was 65 degrees and sunny and it still is today almost a week later! Other than we had to move the time of her baptism to 3pm instead of 5pm because of Stake meetings that got canceled the week before ----it was a perfect day! So many wonderful friends and neighbors came to support her. Also, Uncle Jared, Anna, and Adalyn were there.
I woke up very early and couldn't go back to sleep for I was soooooo excited like it was Christmas! It was a feeling of excitement 3rd only to the day Kelly and I got married and the days of my children's births! Seeing my children make such a righteous choice is such a spiritual high and I had it all day! Samantha beamed from ear to ear all day and prepared herself in the morning by diligently choosing to read scriptures, write in her journal, not fight with her brothers, and obey Mom and Dad. I could tell that she understood what choice she had made and I am so grateful to her!
We couldn't take a picture of it but I had to add how beautiful Chase played! He played as the pianist for the program. He played better than I or even his teacher could play. I was the chorister and Chase played "When I am Baptized", "When Jesus Christ was Baptized", and "The Holy Ghost". He also practiced playing them as an interlude while we got dressed. He worked so hard and did it for Samantha and I am just so proud of him!
Just had to add these two pictures to show how cute it is that amidst all of the attention Samantha is getting afterward with pictures, etc., Bryce takes the window of opportunity......
Gottcha!
Uncle Jared and cute little Adalyn
Grandma Patty and Grandpa Dick
"Here Daddy!" (Adalyn says words now!)
Poor Audrey was too sick to come so she and Rayann had to stay home....and Audrey who just got baptized last May was the cousin most looking forward to seeing Samantha's baptism. :(
Here is Samantha with Anna and Adalyn and Ryan.
We told Ryan that Valentines Day was right after Samantha's baptism, so here he is thinking it's Valentines Day as soon as we got home!
Chase's piano teacher came to see him play his songs and brought Samantha this creative Gold Plates Lemon Cake! Yum!
Just had to show a sample of the funny doings of Ryan and Bryce in the background of this day. Bryce is a little teaser and he knew here what he was doing...... ;0
I am so thankful for Kelly and the Priesthood that he holds in our home. It makes me tear up to see my husband and my daughter making right choices together. I love them both so much more for this!




1 comment:
Just as you have said in so many words, I have found baptisms of children (especially my own) to be truly satisfying. They are days full of hope and peace as we watch a child with a pure heart make such a wonderful choice. I'm glad it was a good day for all of you. BTW, is there anyway for us to see you before you move?
Post a Comment